Monday, January 17, 2011

3 weeks in review...oops.

Hey readers! It's been TOO long! I'm sorry! I won't make any silly excuses, I've just been very busy. BUT, I'm going to try super super hard to keep up with my blog; I know my family is reading! :)

OK. So, let's do a little review.

-Went home for Christmas vacation...
local brews...ahhh :)  
schnauzer froggy doggy <3          

hi sister!  

Christmas dinner...SO GOOD!
happy hour=bloody marys.


Ben's rental car...a 2011 Camaro. :)

Ok, so that's a QUICK xmas overview. It was a wonderful week at home with my parents and sister...it's so nice when we can all come together and celebrate a holiday! It's hard, now that Katie and I both live 800 miles away from home...so reunions are especially wonderful. <3

Came back to North Carolina only to get AWFULLY sick with a head cold...I had meetings all week at work and was able to take a half day off one afternoon, and then took a whole day off at the end of the week, which I totally needed. I spent the day snuggling with Isabelle and watching MTV...perfect!
snuggle snuggle...sorry for the blurry pic!  
Oh you husband <3

This week I've been busy at school (and tutoring)...though it was a short week! Monday and Tuesday we had snow/ice days, Wednesday we had a 2-hour delay, and then Thursday and Friday our students took quarterly assessments in reading and math, which I helped administer to small groups of E.C. students.

Saturday morning I tutored for an hour, and then received some sad news...my 93 year-old grandfather passed away. He lived a LONG and very full life, and we will all miss him. <3 After that news, I really needed to just rest and relax...which I did all day, with Ben, in front of the t.v. It was perfect.
Yesterday I spent some time with a few girlfriends and their mom, who is visiting from Michigan. We went to a pottery-painting place, which I LOVE! I've done it a few times in the past, and have made a bowl, a plate, and a spoon rest. Yesterday I decided to paint a big mug for coffee and tea! Take a look at this bad boy...
Fancy pants cup.
Today is Monday, Martin Luther King Day, and we got to enjoy the holiday with no school! I've been puttering around, cleaning and taking care of some school work...and then finally decided to get up and go grocery shopping! Ben's brothers gave us several Target gift cards for xmas, and I decided to check out their groceries, as we have a Super Target nearby. I don't think I'd normally get groceries there...but with a gift card, it worked!
mmm avocados GET IN MY BELLY.
more delightful groceries
highlight: off-brand skinny cows :)

(Sorry my pictures are all different sizes! I need to figure out how to move them from my phone to my computer without messing up the format.)

Alright, one more picture of tonight's dinner...it was AMAZING. I really wanted something with lots of veggies, and with my new feta and avocado...JACKPOT.  I made roasted butternut squash with olive oil, nutmeg, and cinnamon. The other colorful concoction is: rice, Trader Joes curry and garlic chickpeas, chopped bell peppers, feta cheese, and avocado.
omg. SO GOOD. 
Alright pals, I hope you'll stick with me...I promise to try to post at least 3 blogs a week! READY GO!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a great time over Christmas!

    Being sick SUCKS, im finally feeling better after last weeks (whatever that was) cough etc! Hope your feeling all better!

    Im so sorry to hear about your grandfather :( I lost both of mine, most recently was 2 years ago, always a tough time for a family

    dinner looks and sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete