Sunday, December 5, 2010

baby it's coldddd outside

...and so I've decided that I need this. Or this. Or this beautiful baby...but that one's a little expensive.
It's 30 degrees outside, and blustering in a bad way. It's sunny! But cold.
Ben's been outside putting up the lights around the front of the house...he's a champ! We got our TREE yesterday!!!!
coldddddd 

we got a good one! it's from our local supermarket.
crooked and skinny, but REAL! :)       
mmmmmm hot chocolate 

"how many marshmallows do you want? 30?"

We didn't get any farther than getting the lights on last night...our tree is awfully lopsided, and so we had to do some extra drilling and balancing, and then I put the lights on and Ben told me I did them ALL wrong, so by the time the lights were on CORRECTLY, it was time to get ready for dinner with friends!
We went to the Cleveland Draft House in Garner, and met up with two couples for a delicious dinner and a few beers. I didn't take any pictures, but we had a nice time. :) I had a yummy french dip wrap with a side salad, and 2 beers: a Bell's Amber Ale (brewed in Kalamazoo, MI!) and a Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat...both were SO good.

This morning I woke up and did some SERIOUS cleaning, finally unpacked from last weekend's trip to Philly, and had breakfast. Again, no pic (silly me), but I had a yummy yogurt bowl with plain greek yogurt, a spoonful of cranberry apple butter and a spoonful of cherry preserves, a sprinkling of kashi go lean, a sliced kiwi, and a sprinkling of sliced almonds. Very hearty and filling!
I wanted to go for a run (it LOOKS nice outside, sunny and blue skies...) but checked the weather online and found that it's in the low 30s and super windy...I don't have any cold-weather running gear (yet), so I opted for an indoor workout with my pal Chalene...

I did a 30-minute Turbo Jam video, a 20-minute ab video, some stretching and such...and then called it good.


Lunchtime!
Delicada squash half-moons with olive oil, salt, and McCormick Mediterranean seasoning generously sprinkled on top...
Salad! Mix of spinach and romaine, topped with tomato, carrots, celery, herbed goat cheese, dried cranberries, and chopped walnuts.
AWESOME lunch today! It's seriously amazing. The squash half-moons are AMAZING. I can't wait to make those again...maybe for dinner! :-D
For the rest of this cold and windy INDOOR Sunday:
-finish decorating the tree
-watch Harry Potter marathon on ABC fam
-put away laundry
-snuggle the cat :)

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Those scarves are really cute! and yay for REAL christmas trees, thats all that matters to me! our always starts off straight and develops a lean with in days and we dont care :)

    love the intense amount of marshmallows you use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. post instructions on making the half-moon squashies! they look delish, but i need some direction, yo.

    ReplyDelete