Monday, December 6, 2010

let's talk Mondays.

Mondays are rough for me. I usually get to about 12:30 (just after lunch) and then it's a struggle to remain productive for the remaining several hours of the day...so frustrating! Maybe I need to start having a cup of coffee around 1:00? Or a 5-hour energy? haha nah, I'll stick to the more natural forms of pick-me-ups.

I got home around 4:00, and had an internal discussion with myself about working out. Thankfully (?) my inner skinny girl won, and convinced me to pop in Chalene's cheery self for a 45 minute Turbo Jam Cardio Party workout.

Oh my gosh, I just spent 20 minutes on the Justin Bieber Facebook fan page...and I have no memory of how I got there or why...

Moving on.

So I did a 45 minute Chalene workout, which was okay...but I wish I had just gone to the gym. I mean, I did want to run, but it's SO COLD OUTSIDE. Oh well....tomorrow!

PUNCH! KICK! JAM!

I made dinner...squash half-moons again! Here's the recipe for curious readers...
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut a squash (I use delicada, but anything will work!) in half lengthwise, scoop out all the seeds.
3. Slice your halved squash into half-moons.
4. Spread over a baking pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season how you like! I used a little salt and some McCormicks Mediterranean seasoning.
5. Cook for 15 minutes, flip, then cook another 15 minutes.
6. Scoop those babies off and eat them UP!

I also made these, as appetizers while my squashies cooked:
oh glorious cheese celery boats...
That Laughing Cow chipotle queso cheese is amazing. I could eat it straight from the little foil packages...the celery is really just a vehicle to get the cheese to my mouth. But Izzy's always watching, so I like to be a good role model for her little nugget self.


Ok, this video is actually pretty neat: Pray. Don't hate me. Izzy really likes it.
Bieber Fever.

Happy Monday evening! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. i will have to try out the half moons! so easy. And im glad your skinny girl inner self one ;) haha

    i have never had bieber fever, i dont really listen to the radio or know any kids, is this something i need to reexamine hahah i have been known to "secretly" love music that SOME people find ridiculous

    ReplyDelete