Friday, March 4, 2011

Fuel.

Good morning! TGIF!  :)

Run: DONE
3 miles in 29:25, plus .5 mile of increasing speeds every 10th of a mile (6.0-6.4 mph)

I really wanted to go to the studio cycle class this morning from 5:30-6:30, and I thought that I could do my scheduled 3-mile run after school...but I know myself, and I know that though I'd LIKE to go back to the gym this afternoon, there's a chance I won't. And I really didn't want to miss my run!
So, I ran my 3 miles in under 30 minute (woo hoo!), did some walking, ran a speedy (for me!) .5 mile, did a few more minutes of walking, and hopped off to stretch and start my work day.
There is a studio cycle class at 5:45 tonight, and since it's Friday, I don't have tutor...so I might go! I really enjoyed Tuesday's class.

Fuel 
I am working hard to learn how to fuel my body appropriately for my runs.
Wednesday night I ate 5 donut holes, then ran a decent but not great 3 miles on Thursday night.
Last night I ate a bag of Turtle Chex Mix and a jar lot of peanut butter, then ran a TOUGH 3 miles this morning.
Um. It doesn't take a genius to realize that crappy food = crappy feeling body, which = crappy energy, which = crappy run.
I know I need to be eating more VEGGIES, more whole grains, and drinking more water!!!

My post-run fuel is:

Plus I'll probably have this in a few hours:

I'm not sure what's on the menu for lunch...I have a packet of oatmeal and a nectarine in my lunch bag, but on Friday's some of the staff at my school order from a local deli, and they have AMAZING salads...so that might happen. 

Speaking of fuel, gas is up in the $3.50s in central NC. What the what?? Ugh.
source
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Race training and running is exactly what helped me learn about fueling my body properly. I've definitely learned from mistakes (um chocolate binge the night before?) but you'll figure out what makes you feel your best!

    ReplyDelete