Monday, March 7, 2011

Inspired and Encouraged

It's Monday...
And I only have a few things to say.

1. This video (via youtube) is beyond amazeballs. I'm telling you right now, if you don't break down into quiet, weepy tears, you've got no soul. This video makes me want to smack myself when I stop running after 1.25 miles... GIRLFRIEND, get it together! I'm going to watch this video when I'm feeling really lazy and need inspiration.
Here's the description:

"A Son asked his father, "Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?" The father who, despite having a heart condition, says "Yes". They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons. The father always saying "Yes" to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his fater, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together."

To which, his father said "Yes".

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together!"

2. I spent 67 minutes on the treadmill at my gym tonight. Most of the time was spent running! Here's what it looked like:
miles 0-2: run
miles 2-2.25 walk
miles 2.25-3.25 run
miles 3.25-3.5 walk
miles 3.5-4.0 run
miles 4.0-4.25 walk
miles 4.25-5.0 run
miles 5.0-5.25 walk
miles 5.25-5.75 run
miles 5.75-6.0 run
totals: 4.75 miles ran, 1.25 miles walked= 6 miles in 67 minutes!
This is encouraging...it makes me believe I might actually be able to do the 10k without passing out...which would be the worst kind of embarrassment. Thumbs up to training! :)

3. 5:30 am spin class! Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment