Tuesday, February 1, 2011

omg.

My sister's running a 10k in April.
Her running enthusiasm is contagious.
And she has a race training plan, all typed up in excel that actually looks do-able. 
I'm researching races.
This is the one I have picked out:
It's on Mother's Day!
I can't run on Saturday mornings, because I tutor...so I had to pick a Sunday morning run.
This one is PRETTY close to where I live, and I could probably snag a few girlfriends to run at least the 5k with me.
The best part? It's a 2-loop course. I think that'll be good for me!
So, I'm going to start training...for a 10k.

P.S. I love love LOVE Caitlin's attitude about walking being so beneficial to training. That is the little bit of encouragement I needed to start my training.

Here we GO. :-D

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! It will be such a great goal to train for and I'm sure you'll ROCK it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement!! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OBVIOUSLY IT'S IN EXCEL. do you know nothing about me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY CONGRATS 10k's are fun! I get a much better sense of fulfillment after a 10k then a 5k!
    VERY EXCITED FOR YOU and YOUR SISTER ;)

    ReplyDelete