Things I did in the past 6 days: (not in order of importance or days...just hodge-podged together...only the best for Eat, Teach, Run readers. :) )
1. Ate 8 lbs of extra fancy Empire apples, and thought it necessary to buy ANOTHER 8 lb bag.
|Apple a day? How's it work if you eat 8 lbs in a week?|
|"why are you blending your salad?" ...|
|"Because I LIKE IT THAT WAY. gosh."|
|Thursday lunch? The asparagus was wilty.|
3. Made a few GORGEOUS salads. Only one pic, because they're all so similar these days.
|highlight of this salad (besides the goat cheese, obv): TJ's pear champagne dressing!|
4. Made a LOVELY pot of stovetop oats on Saturday morning...ahhh...so nice to have time to cook breakfast at home!!!
|bubble bubble DON'T STICK!|
|getting readyyyy...hot cinnamon apples for topping!|
|ready! finished with a spoonful of almond butter. MMM|
|So lovely, right?|
|highlight: pear champagne dressing!|
|Highlights: sugar snap peas, bulk pumpkin granola, and BBQ popchips! which I ate the entire bag of...oops|
8. (goodness! didn't think I'd have this much to share, did you?) I've done a legit job staying with the 10k plan. Aside from Fridays awesome run, I've done some KILLER strength training, which includes lunges with weights, planks, pushups, weighted arm extensions, and some moves on a medicine ball. The plan calls for ST on Saturday and Monday...and it being Monday afternoon, I can tell you that I am SO SORE! It's rough to walk! And get up from a seated position! But that makes me happy, because I know I'm working some muscles that have been resting for TOO long.
I also checked out a yoga class on Sunday as my "easy cardio". It was ashtanga yoga, which I wasn't really familiar with, but knew it wasn't an advanced class. First off, there was no music. Just the instructor quietly helping us move through each pose. The first 35 minutes was the "typical" ashtanga routine, and the last 25 minutes the instructor did some seated poses, including a bridge! This brought back memories of when I did gymnastics in elementary school! Each pose was tricky and challenged me, but in a good way. I have to say, it was the best yoga class I've ever been to. Some classes I find myself constantly watching the clock, and not really fully engaging...but not this one! It felt so good.
This morning I did my ST routine, plus 35 minutes on a bike, which was 10 miles! Feels productive to ride 10 miles and stretch those muscles before 6am!
9. Lastly, I spent a glorious Sunday afternoon with my little family, not watching the superbowl. Ha! We're not football fans. It was a warm (mid 50s?) and sunny afternoon, so Ben and I decided to check out a walking trail that has recently be constructed right down the street from our sub. The town we live in has been working on putting in boardwalk through a forested area, snaking behind another subdivision.
|Smells like wet swamp. Apparently Ben likes it?|
|I guess they're not done...haha! We had to do a little trudging through wetness.|
I also spent some time with this little furbaby mcnugget:
|Just so precious to me. <3|
And now, a pinky promise to you...
I promise to update as often as I can this week. My goal: 3 posts by the weekend. Dream big?