Friday, June 17, 2011

Fierce Friday

Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY!
I'm not sure why I'm so excited...it's habit, I guess, to be really enthusiastic about the weekend. Now that my life is a weekend (at least, for 2 months), I suppose I should cool it a bit. :)

Today started off with a delicious bowl of protein oats! 
topped with sprinkles, obv.
These oats were good...but the vanilla protein powder didn't dissolve like the chocolate did in yesterday's oats. Maybe I used more today? Or maybe they needed to simmer longer? I'm not sure. Still tasty!
colorful!
In the mix:
  • 1/3 cup steel-cut oats
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2/3 cup  water
  • 3 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder
  • dash of vanilla
  • 1/2 banana mixed in, 1/2 on top
  • handful of blueberries
  • 1 tbsp almond butter with flax seeds
  • sprinkles! 
YUM. 
a little breakfast snuggling. <3

After digesting and checking out today's Living Social and Groupon deals (thanks, Katie...I'm addicted), I headed to the gym! I haven't been in about a week, due to my car being out of commission, so it was nice to be able to use the machines and work up a good sweat. 
I had my version of FIERCE FRIDAY
3 miles of running HIIT intervals (1 mile warm up @ 6mph, 1 mile intervals- .1 mile @ 6mph, .1@ 6.5 mph, repeated, then 1 mile cool down @ 6mph)
1 mile of incline walking (4mph, increasing incline by 1 every .1 miles)
20 minutes of  biking, about 5 miles. 
...SWEATY!!!!
tomato face!
Lets talk about what's going on in this picture. 
A. I'm in Ben's Audi, which is nice but the steering wheel was dirty. Ew. 
B. My short shortie short hair is a hot mess. Must wear a baseball hat to work out tomorrow. 
C. There's a full sized tire in the backseat. Not sure what's going on back there...
D. Sun roof! 

After the gym, I made my way over to Trader Joe's to stock up on some snacks for tomorrow's girl's night! 
YAY!
Let's just see here...from the left we have: 

-mini pita bread (2 bags, one for home and one for tomorrow's girl's night)
-in the back- frozen pineapple tidbits!
-maple apple chicken sausages 
-Hummus quartet! for tomorrow :)
-Tzatziki!!! for my mouth, which I immediately opened and LOVED.
-Roma tomatoes
-HUGE carton of blueberries
-4 ears of corn (dinner tonight! with the sausages!!!!)
...and coming back around counterclockwise...
-spinach
-spring mix
-Red White and Blue tortilla chips (also for tomorrow)
-jar of roasted red and yellow peppers (for homemade hummus...or homemade PIZZA!)
-and my FAVORITE DRESSING: Champagne Pear Gorgonzola dressing. <3

Such a great shopping trip!
Time for lunch and then a little chill time. See ya! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great finds on the shopping trip--I love Trader Joe's! The sprinkles on your oatmeal really make it look so pretty and dessert-like...I want to do that too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete