|Google reader was my first website to open...duh :)|
|"I like your new thing, Ma."|
|Kate Spade...because I'm fancy like that.|
This morning I had a hankering for hummus, and have been craving some homemade hummus for weeks. If you remember, my wonderful parents bought us our first food processor for our 1st anniversary, back in April. Ben used it once to make deviled eggs for Easter, but I hadn't found the energy/time/recipes to use it...until today!
I ran to Harris Teeter for a few important ingredients...
When I got home, I did some blog-searching and remembered Meghann's recent experiences making hummus, so I re-read her first hummus post for inspiration.
|peeling those beans took TOO long, but it was worth it!|
|Ben chopped a head of garlic beforehand.|
|a little pot of hummus!|
|oh sweet (garlicky) heavens! SO GOOD!|
Garlic-Lover's Dream Hummus:
- 1 head of garlic, minced in the food processor
- 1 large can of garbanzo beans, drained and with shells peeled (shells off=smoother texture of hummus)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lime juice (lemon would probably be better, but we were out!)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup liquid from garbanzo beans (or water would work)
- directions: mix ingredients, pulse in food processor, gradually adding olive oil and garbanzo bean liquid, mix until smooth and thick (or thin, if that's how you like it!)
- Add ins: 2 roasted red peppers, dried rosemary, thyme, and parsley
- Serve with pita chips, fresh veggie sticks, or tortilla chips! Also would be great on a salad or wrap!
Just got back from the pool, took a shower, and I'm thinking about popping a few pitas in the oven to serve as dippers in the homemade hummus. And it's happy hour time, so I'll need a Summer Shandy! :)