Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday Celebrations

Hey pals! Hope you're all relaxing and having a wonderful weekend.

End of the school year goodness continued yesterday with a full-blown workday at school. The day started with a catered breakfast, including an amazing egg casserole, fruit salad, cranberry muffins, OJ and coffee! Yum. It was fun to eat breakfast in our school cafeteria with the whole school staff, celebrating another successful school year.
I knew we'd be going out for lunch, and had a baby shower to attend at 2:00, so my productivity was not 100% from the get-go.
Doing paperwork, listening to my fav T.Swift.

To-Do List: GO AWAY! 
That to-do list is actually pretty short, considering that it's the end of the year and all. I did send some paperwork on to our central office, and tidied here and there...but for the most part, I was out of my classroom attending meetings, a delicious Mexican luncheon, and a baby shower for our guidance counselor!

I got home around 5:00 and took a quick shower before heading out for a celebratory dinner with my man friend.
waiting and waiting
We drove to Durham to have an end of the school year celebratory dinner at Southpoint mall, where we ate at the delicious Rockfish Seafood Grille. We sat outside and got pretty warm, but there was music playing and people walking around shopping in the outdoor part of the mall, and it was a nice night.
I got a shrimp po'boy sandwich, which included grilled and AMAZINGLY seasoned grilled shrimp atop a fresh roll, with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and remoulade sauce. It was so good! It was supposed to come served with french fries, but I chose a house salad instead, which was a nice mix of greens, tomatoes, candied walnuts, apple slices, and herbed vinaigrette. Yum.


Ben got the special, which was FRESH Alaskan salmon with grilled asparagus and a really tasty potato salad.  (It was plated a bit nicer, but Ben started picking at it before I stopped him to take a picture.)


fun dinner out!
After dinner we walked through Southpoint's outdoor shopping area, and decided to stop for an apple at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! MY FAVORITE!
We walked in and debated several apple flavors before settling on the apple pie apple, which is amazing and I highly recommend.
As we waited for our apple to be sliced and bagged, I noticed a few apples that were wrapped and on display. They were a few different types, but each had written on it in icing, "#1 teacher", and they were beautifully wrapped and tied with ribbon. I had been trying to decide what to get for my E.C. teacher pals, and these were PERFECT!
bag full o' goodness. 

We finally made it home and I crashed. It was a great Friday!
Stay tuned for today's crafty projects!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that shrimp po' boy plate looks amazing!! Everything looks so fresh and delicious.

    ReplyDelete