Wednesday, June 15, 2011

what a pain in the neck!

Literally.
cute, right?
I woke up with throbbing pain in my neck. I'm not sure what caused it, though I did spend several hours slouched on the couch yesterday... but I do that all the time, and I never have severe, shooting neck pains! Ouch.
I got up, carefully maneuvered my way down the stairs and to the kitchen, where I found my ice pack and promptly wrapped it around my neck. Ahhhh. I also took a few tylenols, but I after some internet research, found that ibuprofen or aspirin would be better. However, I only have tylenol in my medicine cabinet these days, so that'll have to do.
I was determined not to let this sore neck ruin my first day of summer vacation, so I threw together a bowl of whipped banana oats!
festive!
First Day of Vacation Oats

  • 1/3 cup steel-cut oats
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 medium banana (1/2 whipped into the oats, 1/2 on top)
  • splash of vanilla
  • blueberries
  • sprinkles
  • mini reese's pieces
  • spoonful of peanut butter
It was such a great breakfast! I'm still full, 3 hours later. Perfect! 

I sat on the couch, digesting and blogging for a few minutes, and then decided that my neck pain had diminished and it was time for a walk! It's a beautiful morning in North Carolina, and I couldn't help but get out there and enjoy the cool (70 degrees) morning.
I walked through my neighborhood, across a busy street and into another neighborhood. I had my iPod going, I was enjoying the morning and my long walk, and then all of a sudden...BLAM. My shoe caught the edge of the sidewalk and I was thrown forward! I threw my hands out and tried to stabilize myself, and thankfully I just sort of scuttled a few feet and was able to right myself, never actually falling down. *PHEW* But once I righted myself, I realized that my neck pain was back, tenfold. There were sharp, searing pains shooting through my neck, and I could barely turn my head left and right. I almost started crying, but pulled myself together and walked the few blocks back to my house. OUCH. 
I've been on the phone with my chiropractor, and I'm hoping to get an appointment this afternoon before I tutor. 
So much for that amazing, first day of vacation!! Oh well. I'm going to take a shower, and hang out with a girlfriend for a few hours before heading to the chiropractor. 

1 comment:

  1. you know whats funny ( but really not at the same time) I have a picture of me, with an ice pack ON MY HEAD, making the same exact face.. the picture are so similar I need to show you HAHA!
    Im so sorry your neck pain has put a damper on your first day of summer! I hope your chiropractor can help! MINE HELPED ME!
    love the festive oats!

    ReplyDelete